Ricardo and I departed Allentown Wednesday morning with Ricardo leading us quickly through Pennsylvania, and a small portion of Maryland and West Virginia.  Arriving in Stephens City, VA at noon, there sat Art on the Honda GL1000 waiting on us.

Taking the lead, Art led us through Front Royal, the Gateway to the Skyline Drive, and right on up into the national park.  A beautiful ride through some of the best riding (35 MPH) in the eastern United States.  Stopping periodically for photo ops, we remained on the Skyline Drive for a couple of hours before dropping off and riding the scenic Hwy 11 south.  Riding at a conservative pace, Art took us through some of the most beautiful areas of Northern Virginia.

Finally reaching Staunton  at about 6:00 PM, we decided to stop for the night.  Staunton is the home of the Statler Brothers (Elvira) and Woodrow Wilson (President and leading proponent of the League of Nations).  And we spent the evening in a nice inn, plus we slept late, not awaking until 6:30 AM.

On the road Thursday morning, Ricardo elected to keep heading south on Hwy 11.  Mid morning, we stopped for an hour at Natural Bridge Park, then off to Roanoke, further south to Christianburg, the birthplace of my two much younger sisters, Yvonne and Deborah.  And then, without even a drumroll, past Ferrum, the birtplace of Chuck Weaver. 

Finally reaching Hwy 121, Art "peeled off" as planned.  He is headed to Lake Hartwell in South Carolina to visit family.  Ricardo and I had decided to continue our ride through the Natahala River Gorge before reuniting with Art in a couple of days.  Tonight we are in Brevard, stopping to visit a camp where Ricardo spent the summer some forty years ago (sweet memories).  And tomorrow, we are off to the Gorge, to visit the swift river that provides exquisite white water rafting (more photographs). 

This afternoon, I received a message from Art.  Only thirty minutes after leaving Ricardo and me, he sustained a flat tire (center rear) and could not get it repaired today.  He is holed up in a motel in Mt. Airy, NC, until the Suzuki dealer opens tomorrow.  Hopefully they will have Art back on the road by mid morning Friday.